Although most babies are healthy, it is natural to be concerned about your unborn baby’s health. There are some tests which are available to all pregnant women, while other tests may be appropriate only for certain women based on individual medical or family history.
Phone: 416-586-4800 x 4523
Fax: 416-586-4723 or 416-586-8384
We have developed several resources to help health care providers learn about these new prenatal screening tests for Down syndrome and to help women and their families make informed decisions about prenatal screening.
- Reference Guide for Health Care Providers Prenatal Screening Tests for the Detection of: Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18 and Open Neural Tube Defects
- NIPT info sheet for For Healthcare Providers
- NIPT info sheet for Parents
- Prenatal Chromosomal Microarray (CMA) via Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) & Amniocentesis
- Carrier Testing for Persons of Ashkenazi Jewish Ancestry
- First Trimester Screening (FTS)
- What all women should know! Folic Acid : it’s never too early
- Integrated Prenatal Screening (IPS)
- Maternal Serum Screening
- Rh Factor and RhIg: Information for Rh Negative mothers
- Sickle cell disease
- Tay-Sachs disease